Well, well, well, looks like Becca tagged me with one of them there meme thing-a-ma-bobs that are all over the internet. This one’s about movies…and Lord knows, I love me some movies.
Here are the rules according to Blog Cabins:
(Oh, real quick, rule 3 looks all imposing and bossy, but once you figure out not to use any films from the Star Wars, LOTR, Indiana Jones, or the Narnia series, you’ll be fine).
1. Pick one film to represent each letter of the alphabet.
2. The letter “A” and the word “The” do not count as the beginning of a film’s title, unless the film is simply titled A or The, and I don’t know of any films with those titles.
3. Return of the Jedi belongs under “R,” not “S” as in Star Wars Episode IV: Return of the Jedi. This rule applies to all films in the original Star Wars trilogy; all that followed start with “S.” Similarly, Raiders of the Lost Ark belongs under “R,” not “I” as in Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. Conversely, all films in the LOTR series belong under “L” and all films in the Chronicles of Narnia series belong under “C,” as that’s what those filmmakers called their films from the start. In other words, movies are stuck with the titles their owners gave them at the time of their theatrical release. Use your better judgement to apply the above rule to any series/films not mentioned.
4. Films that start with a number are filed under the first letter of their number’s word. 12 Monkeys would be filed under “T.”
5. Link back to Blog Cabins in your post so that I can eventually type “alphabet meme” into Google and come up #1, then make a post where I declare that I am the King of Google.
6. If you’re selected, you have to then select 5 more people.
Alright, sounds easy enough…I wonder if I can do this with movies I actually own?
Assault on Precinct 13
Big Trouble In Little China
Dude, Where’s My Car
Escape from New York
Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai
Just Can’t Get Enough: The True Story of the Chippendales’ Murders
Kiss Me Deadly
New Kids, The
Once Upon a Time in the West
Queen Kong (I was totally on a roll…I can’t believe I don’t own any Q movies)
Rock & Rule
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2
Under The Rainbow (I don’t own this, but I sure wish I did!)
And now for the tagging!